Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Potluck Sunday for August!


This week I think I'm going to make Chinese Beef and Broccoli. I don't really have a recipe for this. For the beef I usually use leftover pot roast chopped up. But the kids broke my crock pot a while back so I bought pre-chopped carne asada meat which I'll fry up with onions in a pan. Then I have beef and broccoli seasoning packets that I'll add with water and soy sauce. When that's thick and bubbly I'll add chopped broccoli, simmer till it's soft, then serve over cooked brown rice. Actually, since it's for potluck I'll make it up the night before, mix the rice in and refrigerate in a casserole dish. Sunday morning before church I'll pop it in the oven to warm, and voila! A yummy potluck dish!

What about you ladies of Sovereign Joy Christian Fellowship? What are you bringing?

3 comments:

Angela said...

Ok, I'm going with you on the asian food thing. I'll either bring Asian Peanut Noodles or Cold Sesame Noodles. And dessert, of course. Looking forward to church and potluck!

Andi said...

Thank you!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm bringing Chinese Chicken Salad and fresh fruit.
Denise