Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Poor Lily

Well, today we learned that a big rock (yes, the one on the left) dropped on a little foot doesn't feel so good. This is the same child who I had to take to the hospital when she was 3 because she had stuck a blueberry up her nose. (Seriously, it was in so deep that they had to sedate her.) I'm thinking she might need to learn how to make wise decisions ;)
None of my kids have had a broken bone (yet, though I'm an expert on scratched corneas) so I wasn't exactly sure what to look for. I pretty much made the decision to go to the hospital based on the fact she was screaming bloody murder. When she was going through triage the nurse tried to put a thermometer in her mouth. You can tell that my kids don't get sick very often by the fact that my 8 year old didn't know what a thermometer was and wouldn't let the nurse use it till I reassured her that it wouldn't hurt. By now she was much better, especially after the male nurse (she was shocked that a man would be a nurse) pampered her with an ice pack, warm blanket, and stickers. Can you tell she's suffering?
After waiting for a couple hours in the hallway reading Little Pilgrim's Progress (a wonderful book! every parent must read this to their children),
the lady doctor (which really confused Lily, a male nurse and a female doctor? The world is full of wonders!) finally came to see us and pronounced Lily's toe perfectly fine without even having to take an X-ray! There was no swelling or pain anymore. I still can't figure it out. Did you see the size of that rock?! Maybe she was just more scared than hurt. I don't know. The only thing that Lily cared about was that I'd take her out to ice cream afterward, which of course, I was more than happy to do.
The End.

5 comments:

Cari T said...

Ouch! Poor Lily! Before I got to the end I thought she and I were going to have to compare broken feet! But she was more fortunate than I. And those broken bones hurt A LOT. And being on crutches is no fun either. Miss seeing you Andi. Maybe we should hit the park with the kiddos one of these school days.

Andi said...

Hey Cari! How are you? E-mail me and we'll meet at the park! chicksrus@sbcglobal.net

rainydaytoys said...

Maybe this is why Pat had so many broken bones and major injuries - so he could get ice cream!!

Rose Starr said...

Aw, so glad she's ok...perhaps the Lord healed in the car on the way :) Praise God for His protection and it seems like you and Lily got to enjoy a pretty fun date!

Matt5verse6 said...

Thank you for dropping by my blog and leaving some comment love. We LOVE THE LITTLE PILGRIM'S PROGRESS. I have a set of girls and a set of boys and have read this book to each set. I recommend it to everyone too. :) Hope you and your family have a fabulous week and I'm glad Lily's toe (and foot) are okay. :)