Thursday, June 10, 2010

Laundry Room Renovation, pt. 2

They're here! I'm so stinking excited! My new washer and dryer are WONDERFUL! Our old dryer died months ago, of course during the rainiest season of the year. I had to wash 8-10 loads each week (minimum!), bag them up, then take them down to the laundromat to dry them. At $1-$1.25 per load I was spending at least $10 a week, which frankly I can't afford. And then my washer started making funny noises, like I was washing a load of rocks or something. Both the washer and dryer had been repaired several times in the last couple of years, and since we were hoarding our tax return for some other vague purpose, I decided to bite the bullet and purchase new machines. I'm so happy I did! I'm coming to realize that our old washer sucked at getting the clothes clean. I didn't know what clean clothes were till I used my front-loader for the first time! And it uses less detergent than before.

Moving on... here's the before pic of one side of the old laundry room. Gross! I had no shelves so everything collected on the floor long enough to mildew so that I had to throw it away. (There's one way to get rid of laundry! ;) I didn't take a pic of the other side of the room, because frankly, I'm too embarrassed at the nastiness of it. Try not to use your imagination.
And here are the painted, shelved, new machine after pics! TA-DA!

3 comments:

Moriah said...

Wow! I forgot the awfullness! Good job Mum!!!

rainydaytoys said...

THis was something you really needed. To bad it had to eat up your tax refund.

Rose Starr said...

Bravo!!!! Love the laundry room and that your machines are red! How fun :) Great way to spend that tax return.

Happy anniversary too! I still remember your wedding fondly :)