Tuesday, June 1, 2010

8th Grade Graduation

Yep, my baby is now in High School. I'm not sure that it's sunk in yet. Yes I feel older, but somehow disconnected from it at the same time. Sometime in the next couple of weeks we need to sit down and chart out what classes she wants to take over the next four years to make sure she gets all her credits done, then order the curriculum. I'm not too worried about it, the teaching and all. She is very independent that way and can pretty much teach herself without me hanging over her shoulder the whole time. What a blessing to have an oldest child like this! If she needed a lot of hand-holding I don't know what I'd do, I'm just not that kind of mom (sorry girls! ;) After she graduates she wants to go to culinary school which suits me just fine! She can live at home for as long as she likes!
I love my daughter, she is so extremely helpful around the house and with her sisters. It's like having a live-in cook and nanny, for free! (Well, as long as I throw some book money her way now and then ;) Congratulations Moriah, you're one special girl!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

awww! :)

Laurie M. said...

Congratulations to both of you on a job well done!

Rose Starr said...

Wow, I remember visiting you and Pat at his folks house when you were pregnant with Moriah...and you knitted her booties and a hat and other items :)

Congrats to you all...esp Moriah! How fun to spend some time planning her HS years. I think (and pray and hope) that our oldest, Hope is like Moriah...we've got a few more years till we finish 8th grade though!

Congrats to Pat also...he looks amazing! Maybe I should take up running too :)