Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Poppin' In

70155164.jpg
Hello all. Thought I'd just pop in to say that I haven't completely abandoned this blog (again)! I just don't think I've been doing anything all that interesting lately. It seems that I tend to go into unproductive phases every now and then which last longer than I'd like. But now I've got plans, and lots of 'em! Here's some things I'm thinking of doing (not necessarily in order):

1. Sew a couple flannel robes for family members that I promised them at Christmas. Now that the weather is warming up they'll be quite useful ;)
2. Make a couple Kindle cozies that I had also promised at Christmas. I think I'm going to use felt and do a reverse applique/embroidery design and line the inside with a material that won't scratch up the screen.
3. I've promised the girls that we'd paint and redecorate their bedrooms this summer. I don't know whether to do it all at once or spread out the work and do it over a period of time. I'm inclined to just bust it out over a weekend though. We'll see...
4. I really want a vegetable garden this year as well. It's high time I've gotten onto that!
5. Make Easter dresses for the girls. Five dresses in 3 weeks? We'll see about that too...
6.  Work on my scrap granny square afghan.
7. Learn Tai Chi. Random, I know. But it is so fun!

Well, there is a lot more I'd like to do. But I need to start small, take baby steps, and quit watching so much Netflix! (I'm not a little addicted to British dramas ;) I'll post my progress and pictures as I tackle this list.

How about you all? What kind of projects do you have going or are planning to do? I'd like to know what you're up to. It's always fun to get new ideas. Ta-ta for now!

5 comments:

Laurie M. said...

Amazing, isn't it, what a great big motivator a little bit of sunshine is?! Have fun.

Our big plan is to tear out our nasty stinky carpet and lay down some vinyl flooring (fake wood planks)....

...that and pulling the weeds around the fence, and cleaning the bathroom - yuck!

rainydaytoys said...

I'd like to plant a few veggies. I think I can go out and make one, many two holes a day and put seeds in, I might have a garden in around August? - if my breathing holds out!

Rose Starr said...

Good to see you here :) I love your list. I make lists all the time. I rarely cross everything off though!

Our big project is going through our children's books to thin them out. Going to try to sell them for $5 a bag on Craig's List. We have WAY TOO MANY!!!! Probably over 500! Yikes! Next on the list is to clean out our closets and this summer: The dreaded basement!
~Rose

Andi said...

Wow! Good ones you guys! I think I'll be doing a lot of sewing this summer too. Good thing I enjoy it!

Ginger said...

Tai Chi! I did that once at the gym and thought it was the weirdest thing ever! You're funny.