Monday, September 22, 2008

Ziggy First














When I was a little girl I attended Christian schools until the 7th grade. Usually during chapel we would sing "Seek ye first the kingdom of God...." It was such a reverent and quiet song, I loved it! The only problem was, I thought the song went "Ziggy first the kingdom of God...." I enjoyed the Ziggy comic strips, but couldn't for the life of me figure out why there was a song about him! I laugh every time I think about it, and wonder what kinds of things my own children misunderstand!

But lately the message of that verse has been coming home to me. I don't naturally seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness. Instead I fight to obtain all the things that I think should be added unto me. Then I wonder why I struggle so horrendously with my sin. So, if you're wondering why I don't post on here as often as I would like, it's because I'm trying to seek first the kingdom of God.

Andi

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Ziggy first. Andi, you are funny!

Seek first the kingdom of God. That can be hard, very hard. Praying for you...

~Ashley

Momma Bug said...

That IS the priority, and then your family takes up quite a bit too...

I think that is a wise and prudent woman!

thanks for the reminder :-)

Love!

Unknown said...

A good word, indeed. A beautiful photo, too.

Angela

Laurie M. said...

Yeah, amen to what Angela said about the beautifu photo. You have a very good photographic eye.

I've found when we're seeking the kindgom, discontent seems to melt away. His grace really is sufficient. Blessings to you as you seek.

Laurie M. said...

That should read "beautiful"

Christina said...

I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants!