Sunday, September 7, 2008

Etsy Shop!




Well, I did it! I set up an Etsy shop where I can sell my crafts. http://www.chicksrus.etsy.com/.
I haven't actually posted anything for sale yet, but I'm all set to go when I do. I wasn't too sure if I should or not, but after reading Proverbs 31 I realized that it was a good thing for a virtuous woman to do (providing she was still able to take care of her household and maidens!).
Proverbs 31:13- "She seeks wool and flax, and works with willing hands." V. 16- "She considers a field and buys it; with the fruit of her hands she plants a vinyard." V. 18-19- "She perceives that her merchandise is profitable. Her lamp does not go out at night. She puts her hands to the distaff, and her hands hold the spindle." V. 24- "She makes linen garments and sells them; she delivers sashes to the merchant." V. 31- "Give her the fruit of her hands, and let her works praise her in the gates." V. 27- "She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness."
I've been way too idle lately and I'm hoping this will be incentive to get up and get things done!
The cool thing about this is that it doesn't require alot of time or attention. I can do as much or as little as I want at any given time. Yea!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I like your Etsy shop banner! I love using that font.

Ashley~of Bowery Hollow

Rachel said...

yay that is going to be so fun. if you ever need any help with ideas for merchandising or pricing or anything i'd love to help you. it would be super fun to use your girls as models for the clothes, that would be a soooo much fun! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad your girls are doing choir! They are so sweet!

Momma Bug said...

Well I'm looking forward to seeing what you get going!
How DO you find time?!!
Maybe I can learn a thing or two from you Andi:-)

Keep up the good work!