Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Surprise!















I'm back! Actually I never went anywhere, well, physically that is. I tend to be very irregular and unreliable, so please don't give up on me when I don't post for a while. I've probably jumped to another project, or another, or another...

I've actually been doing a lot of knitting lately. A friend in our home fellowship asked if I'd make her a knitted vest/bolero with cap sleeves with this gorgeous chocolate brown wool. Sorry I don't have a picture of it, but it surprisingly turned out to be kinda cute seeing as how I've only crocheted a baby sweater, once! Here's how dumb I am though. She offered to pay me, which I flatly refused (no, I'm not tooting my own horn here, bear with me a moment!) So she insistently offered to buy me some yarn. Ok, I agreed only if it would make her feel better. I assumed it would be standard craft-store yarn. But no! She had to go to a specialty yarn store and bought me 4 skeins of fancy, scarlet, Peruvian wool! I was so ashamed of myself. Patrick says I'm being unreasonable. But to my way of thinking, she ended up spending more money on the yarn than she would have if I wouldn't have been so stubborn to refuse the cash. I just don't think the work I did on her vest was worth it. Oh well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Andi, you crack me up! Does, "Patrick says I'm being unreasonable" mean that you should just receive the gift? You did a beautiful job on the vest. And now you have some beautiful yarn to do something else with. Enjoy it!