Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Old Comforter- New Pillow

Ok, I have to admit, I was pretty proud of myself for this one even though it seems so simple. I have and old down comforter which is about 10 years old. The stitching came out and feathers would fly everywhere if you even touched it. We just bought a new one, but I didn't know what to do with the old one. It seemed a shame to throw it away, I don't know why but it did. So I folded the thing up and noticed it would fit into a pillow case. So I pulled out a pillow protector (the kind with a zipper so the pillow won't fall out), and shoved the comforter inside. Then I put it into a pillowcase and voila! We now have a new down pillow that would have cost $40 had we bought it new at the store, it's very comfortable too!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

That is a great idea!

Momma Bug said...

You're so SMART!
Andi! I'm excited as can be for this new way to catch up with your family.
What a pretty blog - and some really great ideas!

I can't wait to get to know you a little better, and I hope you post some pictures of your girlies:-)

I sure miss you, but it's such a delight to my soul to know that you and Pat are serving the Lord and that He is blessing you so!

Love you,
Analene

Anonymous said...

Hi Andy!
It's me Emma (Analene's lil' sis)
I was just wondering if I could add you to my favorite blog list.

Just comment on my blog and let me know whenever you have a minuet!

Thanks!

His truly, Emma